Affordable Ways to Get Your Tax Refund Money with No Upfront Costs to You!
- Our tax preparation fees are competitive with the fees of the national tax firms – see Sample Pricing.
- We offer a Triple Guarantee of Accuracy, Year-round Service and Satisfaction – or you pay no fee!
See our Tax Refund Products below and talk to your Peoples Tax Advisor to determine if one or both of these products is right for you.
A Refund Transfer is a fee-based product offered by Republic Bank & Trust Company, member FDIC.
A Refund Transfer Fee and all other authorized amounts will be deducted from your tax refund.
Visit your tax preparer to learn about all filing and product options, including obtaining your refund at no additional cost.
Netspend® Visa® Prepaid Card
Benefits of having your tax refund directly deposited onto a Netspend Visa Prepaid Card:
- Avoid waiting for a paper check1
- Receive a text5 or email when your refund is deposited
- Eliminate check cashing fees on those funds (fees & terms apply to use the card)
- Reduce worry about lost or stolen paper checks
What else does a Netspend Visa Prepaid Card offer you?
- Direct deposit for payroll and government benefits
- Cash back rewards6 on select purchases
- Over-the-counter cash withdrawals up to $5,000
- Ability to load checks7 to a Card Account using the Netspend Mobile App5
The Netspend Visa Prepaid Card is issued by Republic Bank & Trust Company, Member FDIC pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Netspend, a TSYS Company, is a registered agent of Republic Bank & Trust Company. This card may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Use of the Card Account is subject to activation, ID verification, and funds availability. A monthly fee, transaction fees, terms, and conditions apply to the use and reloading of the Card Account. See the Cardholder Agreement at www.republictaxpayer.com/terms for details.
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3…
- Just stop by the most convenient Peoples Tax Office near you – walk-ins are welcome and appointments are available.
- Bring us your W-2s and other tax information
- We’ll prepare and e-file your taxes to the IRS and the Bank
Questions? Call us at 204-1040 or email us.
- Wells Fargo locations cash TRS checks generally for a flat fee of $7.50. The limit for checks issued on Wells Fargo check stock is $9,500.
- Republic Bank locations cash all TRS checks for no fee.
- At Walmart, checks $1,000 to $7,500 can be verified automatically and cashed for $6. Cashing a check less than $1,000 costs $3 or 1% if less than $300. ***The check limit at Walmart in Connecticut is $2,500 and in Florida the check limit is $2,000. Check cashing available at participating Walmart stores through April 30, 2020.
- Grocery Chains & Convenience Stores – Our check data is also integrated with a network of grocery chains and convenience stores throughout the country.
Check cashing fees and limits can vary by company and region. Please contact us at 888-676-2056 for details specific to your area.
1 Faster access claim is based on comparison of a disbursement via direct deposit vs. disbursement via a mailed paper check. For up-to-date information from the IRS, visit www.irs.gov/refunds.
4 The Netspend Visa Prepaid Card is issued by Republic Bank & Trust Company, Member FDIC pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Netspend Visa Prepaid Cards must be issued and funded by a Refund Transfer with at least $50 between May 31, 2020 – December 31, 2020 (the “promotional period”) to qualify for this offer from Republic Bank & Trust Company. Netspend is not affiliated in any way with this offer and does not endorse or sponsor this offer.
5 Netspend does not charge for this service, but your wireless carrier may charge for messages or data.
6 Netspend Payback RewardsSM is an optional program. You may opt-out at any time by visiting your Netspend Payback Rewards Summary Page at your Online Account Center. The reward offers we choose and send to you are based on your shopping habits. Netspend will not share any personal information about you with the merchants who sponsor offers. When you activate an offer and make a purchase with the card, the merchant will not know you are a Netspend Payback Rewards customer, but you will become their customer. For more details about how and when you get rewarded, see the program FAQs, terms and conditions in your Account Center. Cash back rewards are credited to your Card Account and are not available in the form of a check or other direct payment method. Program sponsor: Netspend Corporation. Republic Bank & Trust Company and Visa are not affiliated in any way with this offer and do not endorse or sponsors this offer.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OPENING A CARD ACCOUNT: To help the federal government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, the USA PATRIOT Act requires us to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a Card Account. WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU: When you open a Card Account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and your government ID number. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying information. Card activation and identity verification required before you can use the Card Account. If your identity is partially verified, full use of the Card Account will be restricted, but you may be able to use the Card for in-store purchase transactions. Restrictions include: no ATM withdrawals, international transactions, account-to-account transfers and additional loads. Use of Card Account also subject to fraud prevention restrictions at any time, with or without notice. Residents of Vermont are ineligible to open a Card Account.