Do you owe meals tax, admission tax, or business license fees?
Good news! The City is offering to waive the penalties and interest fees through their Tax Amnesty program.
What is Tax Amnesty?
Tax Amnesty is a limited-time opportunity for Richmond citizens and businesses to pay past-due taxes free of penalty and interest.
Who qualifies for tax amnesty?
All individuals, corporations, estates, trusts or partnerships that:
- Owe local taxes for periods ending prior to February 1st, 2017
- Failed to file for periods prior to February 1st, 2017
- Underreported their tax liabilities for periods ending prior to February 1st, 2017
You do not qualify if you are currently under investigation for filing fraudulent returns, failed to file with the intent of tax evasion, or have a civil action in court for delinquent taxes.
Types of taxes that qualify for tax amnesty
- Real Estate Taxes
- Business Personal Property Taxes (excluding vehicles)
- Business License Taxes Admissions Taxes
- Transient Lodging (Hotel) Taxes
- Prepared Food (Meals) Taxes
The Tax Amnesty program runs from August 15th through October 16th, 2017. If you know you owe taxes or are unsure if you do, give us a call! We can help you by running an audit to see what taxes you may owe, we can file your past due returns and help with the amnesty application.
Applications can be downloaded here: http://www.richmondgov.com/Finance/index.aspx. In order to take advantage of the program, you must fill out, print, and file the application in person at one of the following locations:
- City Hall (900 E. Broad Street)
- Southside Community Service Center (4100 Hull St. Road)km